Elysian’s Guide to Online Bargains for July 4th
Make sure your best man (or woman) is on the grill. Be sure the cold beer is piled high in the cooler and the condiments and side dishes are all in place. Then sneak inside, position yourself right next to the A.C. and enjoy a few moments of ME time while you peruse the online holiday bargains. You’ve only got a few minutes before someone hunts you down to ask where the vegan burgers are, so we’ve sorted through the riffraff to find the haystack needle. Our top four Independence Day sales on designer clothes, shoes and accessories:
At ModaOperandi.com use the code FIREWORK to get an extra 20% off fancy-schmancy designer clothes and footwear that has already been discounted.
1. For example, this elegant One-shoulder Gown from Cushnie et Ochs has been slashed from $2025 to $709. Makes you want to go to a fancy party or just show up to the grocery store completely overdressed.
2. Bring the beach with you wherever you go this summer. These adorable Seashell-Embellished Raffia Slides were $995 and are now $379.
3. Put down your crochet hooks, pick up this multicolored Cotton Crochet Skirt from She Made Me, and head directly to the nearest watering hole. Down to $119 from $275.
4. Oscar de la Renta’s Petunia Statement Earrings look great with summer hair that’s been swept up in a bun. Reduced from $455 to $196.
5. Linda Farrow’s Cat Eye Sunnies have been reduced from $1,005 top $503. Meeeeow!
At Net-a-Porter, our favorite designers are up to 80% off. Whoop! Whoop! Some specifics:
1. Take a plunge into elegant waters in this Ruffled One-piece from Lisa Marie Fernandez. Reduced from $465 to $186.
3. You’ll look so fancy, no one would ever believe you got this Prada One-shoulder Cocktail Dress on sale. Reduced from $2,540 to $762.
4. The Swiss-dot Cotton and Chiffon Midi Dress from Altuzarra is as breezy and beautiful as the mountains surrounding Geneva. Cut from $1,995 to $598.50.
5. Instead of shorts, how about a casual skirt with sneakers like this Kenzo’s Stretch Midi? Cut from $395 to $197.50.
The summer sale at Shopbop.com is blazing like a heatwave. Some of our favorite picks:
1. Could this be your new summer love? The Free People Wild Romance Sundress – reduced from $198 to $138.60.
2. We’re not forcing you to run around in this heat. But you might enjoy snagging these flattering Marc Jacobs Joggers. Reduced from $395 to $118.50.
3. You can still wear booties in the summer as long as they have some kind of built-in air circulation mechanism, like these Cut-out Mules from 3.1 Phillip Lim. Reduced from $650 to $325.
4. Put your essentials in a small backpack and head immediately to the ocean! The Jessa Leather Backpack from Michael Kors has been cut from $260 to $182.
5. Poised enough for the office, pretty enough for drinks afterwards: the Grant Dress from Zac Posen. Cut from $375 to $225.
Between now and July 7, Bloomingdales.com is featuring reductions of up to 70% off fabulous clothes, shoes and handbags.
1. Revel in the red hot heat of this stunning Ruffled Gown from Avery G. Reduced from $278 to $194.60.
2. Your white t-shirt is lonely. It needs this High-waisted Leather Skirt from The Kooples. Reduced from $395 to $177.75.
3. As comfy as a t-shirt, but even better because you don’t need to wear pants. The Ruched T-shirt Dress from T by Alexander Wang has been cut from $225 to $157.50.
4. The T-Strap Espadrilles from Michael by Michael Kors were designed for summer frolicking. Reduced from $99 to $69.30.
5. You’re going to find it hard to not strut at least a little, knowing that you got a great deal on the Coach Swagger Satchel. Reduced from $450 to $337.50.