Fall has fully arrived, and it’s time to look to the stars for style advice.
The stars have a couple of tricks and treats in store for the month of October. The crisp autumn air may bring you closer to a significant other or provide a creative refresh. The sun’s shift into Scorpio on the 23rd will bestow the confidence to embark on a creative endeavor or plunge into a new relationship.
What does October have in store for you?
Sept. 23 – Oct. 22
Craving a shopping day, Libra? Splurge on yourself a little — you deserve it. With the full-moon unlocking your inhibitions and amping up your courage at the beginning of the month, there won’t be any obstacle that will stand in your way. Don’t buy that Birkin you’ve been eyeing just yet; at the end of the month, you may need to be a little more mindful than usual of your finances.
Style: Dark & Day-to-Night
The Look: Capitalize on your extra charisma and confidence during your birth month. You’ll find yourself looking and feeling irresistible in sultry jewel tones.
1. Acne Studios Belted Mohair-Blend Coat ($1,200, net-a-porter.com)
2. Alexis Yates Slit Cocktail Dress ($495, modaoperandi.com)
3. Rebecca Minkoff Leo Clutch ($95, shopbop.com)
4. Sam Edelman Yaro Metallic Sandals ($120, saksfifthavenue.com)
5. Tory Burch Meadow Folly Silk Scarf ($68, nordstrom.com)
Oct. 23 – Nov. 21
With a little extra ompf from Venus, you’ll look even more stunning than usual, Scorpio. Expect a lot of attention from your significant other who will be especially dazzled by your charms this month. Find a way to channel your pent-up passions through creative exploits on the 19th, rather than relying solely on romantic partners to avoid strain on your relationship.
Style: Tried & True
The Look: Your mysterious charm is extra enticing this month. Your date-night look should be inspired by luxurious fabrics but still allow you to work up a storm when that passion turns creative.
1. Poppy Lissiman Le Skinny Cat-Eye Shades ($105, net-a-porter.com)
2. Becken Striped Satin Jumpsuit ($1,095, modaoperandi.com)
3. Gucci Red Leather Beret ($410, nordstrom.com)
4. Gianvito Rossi Suede Cutaway Mule ($785, neimanmarcus.com)
5. Alice + Olivia Mira Embellished Ruffle Blouse ($395, neimanmarcus.com)
Nov. 22 – Dec. 21
You will be the life of the party this month, Sagittarius. With new pals entering in your social circle, you and your crew will be be having the time of your lives. Mid-October may bring a few blasts from your past. Instead of focusing on what could have been, focus on the good times you had and see if you can integrate old friends and new during your nights on the town.
Style: Polished & Subtly Flirtatious
The Look: Fun fabrics in flirty autumnal colors paired with decadent accessories never fail as an evening- out look.
1. Majorica Pearl Bracelet ($110, nordstrom.com)
2. My Story Isadora Hoops ($425, barneys.com)
3. Stuart Weitzman Nearlynude Patent Leather Sandals ($398, saksfifthavenue.com)
4. Ulla Johnson Sophie Mini Bucket Bag ($495, shopbop.com)
5. Molly Goddard Kizzy Ruffled Tulle Coat ($3,395, net-a-porter.com)
Dec. 22 – Jan. 9
Slow your roll, Capricorn! Work has been crazy lately, but you’ve been riding high off your ambition and recent successes. There’s a big change coming at the end of the month, and you’ll be in need of some council from your tribe. Carve out some time for those dear relationships you’ve been putting on the back burner.
Style: Simple & Sophisticated
The Look: Ease into a polished and perfected work uniform, so you can spend less time deciding what to wear and more time on shimmying up the ladder.
1. The Row Katina Pussy-Bow Blouse ($1,550, net-a-porter.com)
2. Kate Spade NY Saffiano Laptop Bag ($298, katespade.com)
3. Elizabeth Cole Effie Earrings ($96, shopbop.com)
4. Neous Loda Leather Mules ($725, modaoperandi.com)
5. See by Chloe Wide-Leg Corduroy Cropped Pants ($375, bergdorfgoodman.com)
Jan. 20 – Feb. 18
The Water Bearer
Ride that roller coaster of success, Aquarius! Your work relationships will be at the forefront this month. Be mindful of the decisions you make and the projects you take on at the beginning of the month. You don’t want to find yourself spread too thin or feel as if you’re wasting your energy and talents.
Style: Experimental & Rebellious
The Look: Balance is key, both when it comes to combining bold patterns and colors — and when juggling new projects and side-hustles.
1. Frances Valentine Small Bucket Bag ($195, shopbop.com)
2. Saint Laurent Cotton-Velvet Blazer ($3,290, net-a-porter.com)
3. Dolce & Gabbana Fig-Print Sheath Dress ($2,195, bergdorfgoodman.com)
4. Rag & Bone Ellis Knit Ankle Boots ($575, barneys.com)
5. Donna Hourani Frog Ring ($1,215, modaoperandi.com)
Feb. 19 – March 20
With the sun traveling through your houses of intimacy and expansion, you’re due for a much-needed romantic getaway, Pisces. On the 23rd, you’ll find yourself with enough faith and mental clarity to plunge into one of your greatest adventures yet. This could be your dream destination or even a new career endeavor.
Style: Whimsical & Romantic
1. Tomas Maier Pleated Check Dress ($1,100, net-a-porter.com)
2. Sigerson Morrison Tyra Boots ($495, nordstrom.com)
3. Brixton Piper Floppy Wool Hat ($58, nordstrom.com)
4. Bloomingdale’s Turquoise Bezel Studs ($250, bloomingdales.com)
5. OAD Dome Wristlet Bag ($295, shopbop.com)
March 21 – April 20
It seems like you’ll be facing a lot of opposition this month, Aries. Whether it be from close friends who claim to have the best intentions at heart, romantic partners or overbearing bosses, don’t give up pursuing your desires this month.
Style: Streamlined & Classic
The Look: Bold lines and strong silhouettes will make sure you won’t go unnoticed even amid upheaval. They’ll also give you the confidence needed to assert your own desires.
1. Rochas Sequin Midi Skirt ($3,175, modaoperandi.com)
2. The Row Iona Oversized Top ($1,790, net-a-porter.com)
3. Sidney Garber Crescent Hoops ($3,700, barneys.com)
4. Staud Mini Shirley Bag ($195, shopbop.com)
5. Gianvito Rossi Mid-Calf Boots ($1,565, bergdorfgoodman.com)
April 21 – May 20
Everything starts over again in that crisp autumn air, Taurus. The new moon on the 8th is a prime time for kickstarting a new habit, project or wellness practice. You really do function best with a methodically grounded routine, and this month gives you ideal conditions for creating a workflow that works for you.
Style: Fashionable & Responsible
The Look: Your outfit should work as hard as it looks good. Opting for athleisure wear can be just as fashion-forward in a new aerial yoga class as on the streets.
1. Alo Amelia Luxe Crop Top ($68, nordstrom.com)
2. Puma Chase Printed Leggings ($60, bloomingdales.com)
3. Cale Camille Stretch-Terry Sweatshirt($95, net-a-porter.com)
4. Sweaty Betty All-Sport Backpack ($115, nordstrom.com)
5. APL Athletic Propulsion Techloom Phantom Sneakers ($165, net-a-porter.com)
May 21 – June 20
The weather might be cooling down, but you’re just now heating up, Gemini. Starting on the 23rd, your heightened glamour and artistic talents will place you at the center of every party. Just be wary of any frenemies that might get jealous of your newfound position in the spotlight.
Style: On-Trend & Adaptable
The Look: The only drama you should be involving yourself in are stylish, boldly printed shifts. Don’t let unexpected cold snaps ruin your weekend adventures with functional and stylish layers.
1. Allsaints Dalby Leather Biker Jacket ($450, bloomingdales.com)
2. L’agence Stella Shirtdress ($450, shopbop.com)
3. Dries Van Noten Small Envelope Crossbody ($790, bergdorfgoodman.com)
4. PM x CANO x JO Pino Silvestre Earrings ($395, modaoperandi.com)
5. Alexander Wang Chelsea Boots ($575, nordstrom.com)
June 21 – July 22
It’s nesting season for you, dear Cancer. Sentimentality and sensitivity will be at an all-time high until the 23rd when you’ll finally find yourself grounded in the present. Invite a wave of nostalgia that’ll have you staying home and focusing on cultivating the relationships you hold most dear.
Style: Elegant & Timeless
The Look: Retrospection will open you up to vintage-inspired look. Keep modern with sleek accessories while embrace your nurturing side with feminine fabrics and soft silhouettes.
1. Johanna Ortiz El Rosal Mustard Scarf ($325, modaoperandi.com)
2. Johanna Ortiz Tie-Front Poplin Shirt ($650, modaoperandi.com)
3. Elizabeth and James Danielle Midi Skirt ($385, shopbop.com)
4. Ted Baker Kate Mesh Strap Watch ($185, nordstrom.com)
5. Blackstone Slip-On Oxfords ($224.95, nordstrom.com)
July 23 – Aug. 22
What’s the latest buzz, Leo? October is one of your most socially engaging months, which means you can’t wait to blab over brunch about your favorite new books, restaurants and podcasts with your pals. Let your inner event-planner out to plan parties and trips to fall festivals with your friends.
Style: Bold & Bright
The Look: Lead the conversation with glamorous blouses, following up with statement-making jeans that’ll make running through a corn maze a breeze.
1. Alice + Olivia Ryle Embroidered Bellbottoms ($556, neimanmarcus.com)
2. Acne Studios Mustang Round Sunnies ($320, net-a-porter.com)
3. Johanna Ortiz Preambulo Amoroso Top ($950, modaoperandi.com)
4. Namjosh Denim Embroidered Headband ($50, shopbop.com)
5. Street Level Large Straw Crossbody ($95, bloomingdales.com)
Aug. 23 – Sept. 22
Functional & Feminine
Time to get to work, Virgo! Shift into builder mode and turn those dreams that have been swirling around your head into a reality. You’ll feel more grounded and as confident as ever on the 23rd — a great time to turn those plans into actions. Just be sure not too lose yourself in the big picture, and keep an eye on those details.
Style: Functional & Feminine
The Look: Just because your romantic relationships are taking the back seat to work-related priorities, it doesn’t mean you can’t don a fun jumpsuit and flirty blouses. Who says work looks can’t be fun?
1.Zimmerman Heathers Bandana-Print Blouse ($425, modaoperandi.com)
2. Tibi Crepe Midi Dress ($750, net-a-porter.com)
3. Kate Spade Grandma’s Closet Earrings ($128, katespade.com)
4. Michael Kors Berkley Zipper Sandals ($120, bloomingdales.com)
5. Alaia Studded Laser-Cut Shoulder Bag ($1,310, net-a-porter.com)