Onion souffle is a classic fixture in the Southern holiday spread. Light and rich, this is the perfect pairing next to a honey-baked ham or alongside a scrumptious breakfast spread—and the preparation is refreshingly easy.
- 3 large sweet onions (chopped)
- 3-8oz. packages of cream cheese
- 8oz of sour cream or crème fraîche
- Handful of chives (and extra to garnish)
- 3 cups of freshly grated parmesan reggiano (and extra to garnish)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
While oven is preheating, purée all ingredients together and spread in a casserole dish, leaving some chives and a half cup of cheese leftover.
Sprinkle the remainder of cheese over the top. Bake for 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
Remove souffle from the oven and garnish with chives. Serve fresh with toasted sliced baguette or crackers.
Perfect this recipe:
Vera Wang Vera Lace Casserole Dish ($335, bloomingdales.com)