Jicama Daikon Slaw with a Cilantro-Lime Dressing
- 1/2 jicama, peeled and cut into julienne strips
- 1 daikon radish, cut into julienne strips
- 1 jalapeño, stem and seeds removed, finely chopped (use less if you prefer more mild flavors)
- 3 limes, juiced
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Place the jicama, daikon, and jalapeño in a medium mixing bowl.
- In a seperate bowl, whisk together the lime juice, rice vinegar, oil, garlic, salt, red pepper, if using, and cilantro. Pour the dressing over the slaw mixture and gently mix to combine. Pour the dressing over the slaw mixture and gently mix to combine. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to enjoy.
Nutrition per serving: 80 calories, 5g total fat, 0.7g saturated fat, 1g protein, 10g carbohydrates, 3.8g fibre, 3g sugar, 0g added sugar, 109mg sodium
This recipe comes from the wonderful book: Cure the Causes Cookbook, by Dr Christina Rahm
Buy it now on Amazon!