In the middle of the chaos and uncertainty caused by Covid-19, people across the globe are banding together to encourage and uplift one another. Namely, leading women of notoriety – entrepreneurs, fashion designers, actresses and musicians – are donating their time and money to help those impacted by the widespread virus.
Here are just a few of today’s leading women and their philanthropic efforts worth recognizing:
1. Donatella Versace, alongside her daughter Allegra Versace, donated €2,000 to the intensive care department of San Raffaele Hospital in Milan, Italy.
2. Blake Lively and her husband, Ryan Reynolds, donated $1 million to two separate charities: Feeding America and Food Banks Canada. “Though we must be distancing ourselves to protect those who don’t have the opportunity to self quarantine, we can stay connected,” said Lively.
3. Rihanna’s foundation Clara Lionel donated $5 million to the relief efforts in marginalized areas throughout the United States.
4. Kristen Bell and her husband, Dax Shepard, who are in charge of a handful of L.A. apartment buildings, are waiving their tenants’ rent for the month of April. Additionally, they have donated $150,007.96 to the No Kid Hungry initiative.
5. Angeline Jolie also donated $1 million to No Kid Hungry, which helps children who have been affected by the virus, especially those that rely on school meals to survive.
6. Gwyneth Paltrow, alongside her husband Brad Falchuk, have donated $100,000 to the Frontline Responders Fund and Paltrow is encouraging her followers to do the same. “We’ve got to keep our medical frontline responders healthy,” she said.
7. Kelly Ripa and her husband, Mark Conseulous, have donated $1 million to WIN, the organization that runs womens’ shelters across the city of New York, as well as the purchasing of medical supplies.
8. Alongside Save The Children and No Kid Hungry, Amy Adams and Jennifer Garner have started Save With Stories: “In partnership with Save the Children and No Kid Hungry, we’re offering stories on Instagram and Facebook to provide fun and education to kids and parents stuck at home during the coronavirus outbreak.” These stories are read by your favorite celebrities.