- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 cups fresh cranberries
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier or another orange-flavored liqueur
- 1 cinnamon stick
- A pinch of ground cloves
- In a medium saucepan, dissolve the sugar in water over medium heat.
- Add the cranberries, orange zest, and juice, cinnamon stick, and cloves.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until the cranberries burst and the sauce thickens, about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in the Grand Marnier, and let cool. Remove the cinnamon stick before serving.
This recipe adds a luxurious twist to the traditional cranberry sauce with the inclusion of orange zest and a splash of liqueur.