- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup fresh herbs (such as thyme, chives, and parsley), finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Grease an 8-inch square baking pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together buttermilk, eggs, and melted butter.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mixing just until combined. Fold in the chopped herbs.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
This cornbread is elevated with the addition of fresh herbs, making it a fragrant and flavorful accompaniment to any Thanksgiving meal.